Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Winter Sunflower


Winter Sunflower, originally uploaded by mhall209.

I few months ago this was a beautiful vibrant sunflower! Now well, not so beautiful. But still interesting. SOmetimes, like today, this is how I feel in the classroom. Totally spent. A few months ago I was excited about a new school year, trying different things to reach these kids who are, how shall we say, less than academically successful. Days like today, I feel like this sunflower, totally spent. I gave it my best shot, I put everything I have into it, but its just not working.

But in a few weeks the seeds that this flower dropped will sprout, and grow, and bloom again. Just as beautiful as it was last summer. And tomorrow, I will wake up and go try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment