Sunday, January 24, 2010

Paperwhites


Paperwhites, originally uploaded by mhall209.

I can't wait for winter to be over. Sorry, but all the years I lived in Los Angeles I thought I wanted to live where they had seasons. Now we live where we have very distinct seasons, and I have found that I do not like winter. No sunshine makes me depressed. Rain is good, but there is a limit to how much water our creek will hold, and I am not real fond of floods. (Remember in California winter is the wet season.)

But on the plus side, we get to force bulbs in the winter! A little bright spot in the otherwise very dark season. We picked these paperwhites up on sale right after Christmas. I put them in a pot on the kitchen counter and we have been watching. This weekend they burst open in the middle of a stormy streak where we couldn't get outside much. They really brighten the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment