Sunday, January 3, 2010

Huevos Rancheros


Huevos Rancheros, originally uploaded by mhall209.

Sunday mornings in our house often means I make huevos rancheros. My wife loves them, and I think they are pretty good as well. The actual recipe changes through the year. In the fall I like them the best. Home grown eggs, tomatoes, garlic, onions, and peppers. Now that it is January, only the peppers are home grown. Preserved in the freezer. Everything else is store bought. This morning the meal was good, but not as good as when real fresh eggs are in the hen house.

My New Years resolution this year is to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables and less meat, and to move more. Like in exercise. At first thought this seemed drastic. More fruits and veggies? Less meat? I love steak, it is one of my favorite meals. And who but a rabid vegan can not love bacon? I think if I eat like I did this morning I can pull this resolution off. But it would have been better with bacon.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! If someone made those for me I could eat better too. I don't think I would have missed the bacon with a pile of food as pictured.

    ReplyDelete