Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Silver Barn


Silver Barn, originally uploaded by mhall209.

Another barn. This one is hidden from the road but I had permission to wander around the farm with my camera, looking for pictures. People think you are odd when you ask. Things are just everyday to them, they do not think of their own place as interesting or unique.

I am always amazed how family farms make it work with such old tattered equipment. Large corporate farms seem to always have new shiny big equipment in big shiny barns that look like warehouses. But the family farms always have old equipment that maybe grandpa bought new way back when. I understand the whole stay out of debt thing, and why borrow money to buy new when the old still works. It just amazes me how long they can keep things running.

No comments:

Post a Comment