Thursday, July 1, 2010

Blue car


Blue car, originally uploaded by mhall209.

On my last morning at University of California at Berkeley. We have been staying in a dorm on campus and eating in one of the campus cafeterias. I have to say this has been a different experience, and I am sure I will not volunteer to do it again. Did you know that in the summer universities are used for youth sports camps? And did you know that means the cafeteria is full of kids under, say, 12? Hundreds of them. They were well behaved and all, but still. It is a tad bit out of my comfort zone.

Anyway it was several blocks from the dorm to the dining hall and on the way between the two was this old car. I kept yelling at me to get a picture, but the light was too harsh most times. But this time I got it.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog- I love it. I know a student who has done this too actually. She started it when in HS, and is now just finished her first year in college...probably inspired by a good teacher like you.

    Have you read Love That Dog? Its a children's book really and written in poetry. A main part of the book is a poem that starts "So much depends on a blue car" This photo is a perfect picture to go along -

    ReplyDelete