Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Layers


Layers, originally uploaded by mhall209.

Today was the second day for students to be back to school. The district had a catastrophic network failure of some variety last week, so getting students online was going to be an adventure. In my room I have a student run network; each period has at least one student admin who sets up accounts and such, and so I had a little advantage there. I have students who can create accounts for all the new kids and do some trouble shooting. But still, there were lots of issues.

Not only do students need network logins, they need accounts for our Google Apps for Education, as well as for Moodle. And then there is the Microsoft email account. Oh, and then there is the regular school district account. Of course as each issue gets resolved, there is a larger issue looming. And each layer is covered with thorns. Careful.

I think we had all of the issues resolved by the end of the day. All of the ones we have any control over anyway. I think tomorrow we can actually start the teaching /learning process! Woot woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment