Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Alpine School


Alpine School, originally uploaded by mhall209.

Today was the first day of school for our students. We have a small school, and 250 students showed up today. That, I understand, is the most we have ever had. There were a few glitches but overall it went very well. It looks like we have a really good group of kids.

I thought today would be a good day to post an old abandoned school I came across. I can picture in my minds eye what the classes looked like in here. A chalk board up front. A teachers desk in front of that, facing rows of lined up student desks. Each room looking just like the next.

One of our new teachers (new to us anyway, she isn't new to teaching) asked me to help her with some techy things. I was so excited when I went into her room and did not see desks in rows! It is the only room in the school not arranged in neat straight rows. Including mine- I have permanent computer desks that cannot be moved. I guess change comes incrementally. It is just sad that our school looks more like what I imagined this school looked like than it is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment