Saturday, July 17, 2010

Kodachrome


Kodachrome, originally uploaded by mhall209.

We had the chance to visit with my brother while we were in San Francisco this last week. While waiting to go out to dinner he asked if I still have a 35mm camera. I said ya, I am not sure where it is though, but I still have that Cannon EOS film camera somewhere. (I really wonder what happened to my AE-1. Hmmm.) He said "I have something for you then. He went to the refrigerator and came back with this, a roll of Kodachrome. Kool beans!

If you dont know, Kodak has discontinued production of this film. There will be no more made ever. There is only one lab left in the country that we can find that still processes this stuff. And they are going to stop in December. No more "Nice bright colors." No more "Greeeeens of summer!"

So now that I have this roll I have two pressing problems; what to shoot, and where the heck is that camera!

1 comment:

  1. I think this is regrettable, yet kodachrome must no longer turn a profit. Enjoy your roll. Miller's, the last process of kodachrome film, is located 15 miles south of my house, in Parsons, Kansas.

    No matter how far you go, you're still close by.

    ReplyDelete