Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jesus Maria Barn


Jesus Maria Barn, originally uploaded by mhall209.

So my wife and I have had an interesting discussion; is this structure an old house or an old barn. The windows make one think it would be a house. I don't recall seeing barns with that style window on either side of the door. On the other hand, the door looks more barn like. The more I think about it the more I am leaning towards this being an old house. Hopefully someone will see the picture and clue me in.

The building is in an area that is, for lack of a better term, a ghost town. There are a number of old buildings like this one. There is an old cemetery up the road a little bit. I have heard there was a lot of gold pulled out of the creek here, which is about 30 yards behind where the camera was for this shot. Anyway, I would love to know more about this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment