Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Garamendi McSorley Home


Garamendi McSorley Home, originally uploaded by mhall209.

The Garamendi McSorley ranch lies on Highway 49 between San Andreas and Mokelumne Hill in Calaveras County. I think it is the family ranch of U.S. Rep. John Garamendi. (Former California Lt. Governor), though I am not positive. You can see a sign from the highway marking the ranch, and there is an interesting looking old barn visible from the road. That is what I intended to shoot. (Uh oh, I used the name of a U.S. Congressman and the word shoot in the same paragraph! I hope the Internet police don't hunt me down!) But when I walked up the driveway to the gate I saw this uber cool old house. Much more interesting than the old barn.

The rust on the roof, and the glass windows are awesome. But what really knocks me out is the mail box in front! I really like this one.

And I really, really, really meant shoot as in shoot a picture! Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment