Friday, March 26, 2010

Main Street Tractor


Main Street Tractor, originally uploaded by mhall209.

While I work in an inner city urban school, I get to drive through some beautiful agricultural areas on my way to and from work. This image was taken just outside of Stockton, California. I am really amazed at the old looking tractors that some of these farms still use. This tractor looks like it has been sitting there in that same spot rusting forever. But in reality, this is an actual production machine in a small family farm. It is a vital piece of production equipment. How they keep it running is beyond me, but they do. In another week or two the family will start it up and plow all this wonderful green grass under, and then plant a new crop. The tractor will get parked right where it is when they are done with it. It will stay there till they need it again.

I think its pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment