Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Laundry Room


Laundry Room, originally uploaded by mhall209.

I call this image Laundry Room because behind that broken window, through the doorway which no longer supports a door is a washer and dryer. They look like they are just beyond the end of their lives. But not too long ago this room appears to have been used as a laundry room. I didnt get it. Out there in the middle of nowhere is a laundry room. Go figure.
I am really liking this film stuff. Sure it is a pain with this whole image a day thing. It is impossible to post an image the day I shoot it. Buying film is done online and I have to wait for the film to come. Then I have to take it to the only local lab I can find that will process it. The lab is not exactly on my way to anywhere. And it takes a week or 10 days for them to process the film and burn it to a CD. I don't get prints, because thats just more expense and more paper. So all told, it is a two week process start to finish, and about two dollars each time I click the shutter.
But I love the results. I can't describe the look. It is clear, and sharp. Exactly what I remember. It seems so much more real than the images I take with my digital camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment