Monday, March 29, 2010

Fixer Upper


Fixer Upper, originally uploaded by mhall209.

I love these old relics of buildings. Their are many of them in the area I live in. This one is just a little bit off of my commute route, and I drive by it twice a day. I have stopped to photograph it in the past, but today the combination of spring green grass and the cloudy sky made for a good photo op.

I would love to know the story behind this house. I image it most recently could have been a meth lab, or some sort of flop house. But at some point it was someones dream home. I can just imagine some young cowboy bringing his bride home to this house. With lots of grazing land around, and plenty of water in the form of streams and rivers, this would have been an ideal homestead. But now, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment