Saturday, April 17, 2010

Angels Camp Barn


Angels Camp Barn, originally uploaded by mhall209.

Another road I rarely take. It is not on the way to or from anywhere I usually go, so when I had the time and wandered down the road, there was a cool looking barn. I think I need to go back in different light conditions. The light was a bit harsh that afternoon, but what am I going to do?
One of the drawbacks to using a film camera is I cannot just change the ISO, or sensitivity level, of the film like you can do with a digital camera. I had film with an ISO of 400, which is great for lower light conditions like early morning or a real cloudy day, but not so good for bright light. Also it is a twin lens camera; you look through one lens, and the film looks through the other. This shoots down the idea of using a graduated filter to knock down the sky. This leaves you with one option for getting a good shot. Skill. I need to go get some of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment