Monday, February 8, 2010

Rodents on Stilts


Rodents on Stilts, originally uploaded by mhall209.

Coming home from the store today I found some deer in the barnyard finishing the hay I had left out for the goats. While I don't like this happening, there is not much I can do about it, short of cutting back on the goats' rations. I took out my camera and started shooting. The deer seem to be a little sensitive to the sound of the camera. The deer run away when the shutter releases. I followed the deer around a little, and got this shot of doe and fawn as they stood along the berm that contains the Jusus Marie Creek that is our property line.

I used my digital SLR for this shot. This is the only shot of the series that was at all sharp. With the telephoto lens I have I really need a tripod to get a good shot, but I didn't want to take the time to get the tripod out. I can't seem to learn this lesson. I know I need the tripod. But I rarely take it out.

2 comments:

  1. I fully understand your frustrations with the deer eating what you provide the goats. However, as a hunter I find them very interesting to observe and even more so as jerkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful shot. I understand the problem with the tripod. I tend to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete