Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mokolumne River


Mokolumne River, originally uploaded by mhall209.

This photo is taken from Electra Road, a very narrow road that runs from Hwy. 49 along the Mokolumne River up to the Electra Powerhouse. This is a very popular swimming area in the summer. You will also frequently find kyakers shooting the river here. There is lots of fishing here, and this particular trip found a number of folks panning for gold along the banks. My wife and I like to come here to just walk, it is fun to watch and listen to the river.

I came this day in search of photos. I have shot here in the past, but I don't think I have been here in the dead of winter. I wasnt sure what I would find. I ended up going with this HDR shot. It is a combination of 8 different exposures that are layered together in Photoshop. I am really happy with the results, though I think my laptop is still cooling off from the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment